Just wanted to say a quick hello…
Challenging times for all of us. Who knew that a virus could turn our lives upside down in a short period of time?
…I didn’t. Very few people saw this coming.
My youngest son and daughter have both been laid off. My eldest son, a businessman, is at home with his kids.
How has the corona pandemic impacted you and your family so far? Feel free to write and I will respond asap.
Please know that I’m sending you good energy. Here’s what I’ve been telling my children and some of my clients.
1. Maintain a Daily Spiritual Practice: Doesn’t have to be long or complicated, but it’s crucial you maintain one. I’ve been meditating daily. Maintain a practice that resonates with you.
2. Keep Your Body Moving: If you can’t go outside, or prefer not to go outside, do some kind of daily exercise indoors. My wife, Stephanie, has been keeping up daily yoga classes with her teacher via Zoom.
3. Learn Something New:. My son, Diallo, started learning how to trade and earn money in the largest financial market in the world — it’s called forex. I’ve been teaching him what I know, and now he’s trading independently after just one week. (By the way, I mentor people who want to learn how to trade. If you’re interested or want more information about trading, hit me up.)
4. Use This Time Wisely: What can you do NOW to position yourself to be stronger once this crisis is over? What does your future self need from your present self in order to function at the highest level?
5. Check On Loved Ones Often: You’re loved ones might not admit to being depressed or scared, but that doesn’t mean they’re not struggling. We’re all struggling in some way as we try to come to grips with this crazy new life we have. A phone call, or a text, or an email can go a long way.
6. Stay Positive: Try not to take what’s happening to you personally. We’re all in this together. We will get through this together. Envision what you want your life to look like 90 days from now? How does that feel emotionally, spiritually, financially, creatively? What steps can you take today to manifest this life?
Hope this helps.
I’m going for a walk. Hit me up if you feel like it.
It’s still spring and the birds are still singing. Let’s make the best of a tough situation.
Author Meditations Across The King’s River
P.S Still available for coaching and/or spiritual readings.